Re: Repair of wood-covered book

There's already been some good advice about this particular problem.

What I would probably use is an animal hide glue, or a glue-paste
mixture, about the consistency of pancake syrup; no thicker than
honey.

Jack

>My question is whether I should use paste or glue. I've experimented with
>paste on wood, finished and unfinished, and found that the paper lifts off
>easily when dry. I may have answered my own question, but would like to
>hear comments.
>
>Betty
>Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org
>Mendocino, CA

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon
USA  97217

(503)735-3942 (voice/fax)

http://www.teleport.com/~tcl

"The lyf so short; the craft so long to lerne"
Chaucer, <The Parlement of Foules> 1386 A.D.