Re: seal coat for color photocopy?

Hello, all!

I too am new to this list, and very grateful to be here.

I have used several of Golden's acrylic products in my artist's books.  I
made a carousel book of plain white copier paper, a card-wt. copier paper,
and a cut-to-size handmade Nepalese paper and copied line-art images onto
them.  I was after an aged parchment look, so I first stained the white paper
and selectively tinted areas of the med. brn. card stock with strong tea.
Then I experimanted with mediums.  I used two aerosols as well as Golden's
GAC 400 and GAC 900.  Both Golden products are very thin - like milk (no
brushmarks).  Primarily the 400 is used as a stiffener for fabric (ie:
sculptural), and the 900 is for artists painting on clothing (and needs heat
setting for that application).  I got the most flexibility, least shine, most
tranlucency, and softest hand, by using the GAC 900, one coat per side and
hung to air-dry.  I have not tried this on color copies, but think it's worth
a shot.  It would probably be a good idea to  treat the edges as well, so
you'd need your paper cut to finished size before treating.  It dries a bit
wavy, but could be pressed (after fully drying) under a stack of books for a
few days.  You could also glue it to a piece of book board and press it again
if you want a stiff cover.  You can get product info sheets on all of
Golden's products.  The ones I have are copies made for a class and I can't
read the address, but the company name is Golden Artist Colors, Inc.  They
probably have a web site.  Good luck!

Elen Freelander
Albuquerque, New Mexico