Re: Adhesive advice

I do not know exactly how it is done, but in the 19th century they had a
way to very delicately tip in materials.  I have a scrap book from 1880
and the method was used on it.  The the blank page area was cut out about
2mm smaller than the image to be placed on it.  As the pages are
relatively thick this was done at a 45 degree angle.  The material to be
mounted was similarly feathered at an inverse 45 degree angle and then
this edge was glued onto the album page.  The advantage in this case was
that the inserted material did not add to the thickness of the albums.

In your case you might want to make very narrow strips of Japanese tissue
and use them to glue the edges of the sheet in on the reverse side.  If
appropriate, it would be best to use the thinnest tissue available to as
to keep as much transparency as possible.

Ray *

Department of Psychology
UMBC
1000 Hilltop Circle