Date sent:              Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:50:10 -0400
To:                     knops@xs4all.nl
From:                   Dragana Vukasovic <vukasovic@mshri.on.ca>
Subject:                Bookbinder

June 21, 2000

Mr. C.J.M. Knops
Knops Boekrestauratie
Groenstraat 8
6151 CS Munstergeleen
Netherlands

Dear Mr. Knops

I am writing on behalf of my brother-in-law.  He is a bookbinder.  He
is leaving in Toronto, Canada since 1993, but has not had a
success in
finding job that he likes and knows the most and the best -
BOOKBINDING.

He was working as a bookbinder back in Yugoslavia for over 25 years
(right after finishing school for bookbinders he got a job in the
library on the restoration of old books, as well as a bookbinding job.
 He was asked by the National Library in Belgrade to do restoration on
number of church books dating as early as 13th and 14th century with a
great success. Unfortunately, when the situation in Yugoslavia began
to worsen he decided to move and came to Canada where he did some
restoration, bookbinding for the local church and few people from the
community, as well as for the local Greek church, but mainly his work
is a demolition worker (demolitions on old houses), as a driver on a
forklift... in order to support his family.

He is a wonderful person, very dedicated to his job in which he inputs
his personal touch and love.

My question to you is (eventhough I know that you are in Holland) do
you know of anyone in Toronto area who might be interested in his
work.  Here, on North American continent everything is money and not
too many people value this kind of work.  Those who do value and
appreciate are usually rich people that you cannot see, and get in
touch with.  He was looking around, but mostly all the shops are
looking for someone who know how to use computerized machines that
make books now a days (you go and bye a book, read it and than you can
throw it in the garbage because its falling apart, and nobody cares
for that book anymore).  Please help me if you can and know of one or
more people in Toronto area that might be interested in seeing him,
and his work, who might even give him a chance to see what he does,
and how good he is.

His name is Svetislav Vukasovic.  He is 48 years old.

I know this is crazy of me, but I just want to help him and his
family.  I appreciate your time.  I am looking forwad to hear from you
soon.

Sincerely
Dragana Vukasovic
Toronto, Ontario

Knops Boekrestauratie
Conservation & Restoration of Books and Paper
Groenstraat 8
6151 CS Munstergeleen Netherlands
phone +31 (0)46 4200024
fax   +31 (0)46 4110180