Re: Amsterdam & Brussels

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: cecilia <cecilia@MELBPC.ORG.AU>
Aan: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Datum: zaterdag 24 juni 2000 1:45
Onderwerp: Amsterdam & Brussels

You asked:

>Can anyone tell me if theMinotaurus Boekwinkel, is still in Sint
>Antoniesbreestraat 3d, 1011-HB, Amsterdam. It has been described to
>me as *A superb bookshop, with  many examples of fine press books and the
book
>arts* so I would like to include it in the listings, but even my *on the
spot*
>sleuth in Holland has been unable to find a phone number for it (but then
he's
>not a book person).

I'm quite know on this list. I'm a calligrapher and bookbinder.
A couple of my books are in the latest Annual of Letter Art Review.

If you need any information on Holland of the Flemish part of Belgium I
would be happy to help you.

Well, the Minotaurus bookshop is still in Amsterdam, at this address. The
postbusnumber is 16477 in Amsterdam, and the thelephone & fax number is +31
20 6222748. Open tuesdag/friday 1.30 pm-5.30 pm and saturday 1.30 pm -5.00
pm.

In the Netherlands we also have the very good museumbookshop of the Museum
of the book, also known as Meermanno-Westreenianum, in The Hague, where at
the moment the exhibit of Japanese en Western calligraphy is, that was
already mentioned on your website.

On 2 & 3 December 2000 in Leiden, near The Hague, a market takes palce in
the St. Pieterschurch. Two days of bookarts, calligraphy, bookbinding etc.
Suppliers and artists will be there. For more information: Vouwbeen (the
name of the magazine of the Dutch Bookbinderliga), PO 94038   1090 GA
Amsterdam, vouwbeen@grafisch.net or tel/fax +31 35 69 45183 of Fred Kroon,
the contactperson.

The Dutch calligraphy society Scriptores has an exhibit  'Tekst & teken' to
celebrate the 15th anniversary of the society, in The Hague and in Antwerp
(Belgium)
10/6-25/7 Openbare bibliotheek, Spui 68, The Hague
mo-fr 10 am -9 pm end sat 11 am -5 pm

21/8-16/9 in Antwerp:
UFSIA Bibliotheek, Prinsstraat 9 Antwerp.
in august: mo-fr 8.30-5 pm
in sept. mo-fr 8 am -6 pm and sat 8.30 am-12.30 pm

In Museum Rijswijk is the Holland Papier Biennale 2000 till sept, 10. Closed
on mondays, open 2 - 5 pm. Papermarket on sept. 10. www.museumryswyk.nl

Hope to see you all in Holland...

Baukje Scheppink
baukje.scheppink@zonnet.nl