From: Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.philobiblon.com
[mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU]On Behalf Of Loud Creek Books &
Bindery
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 12:08 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: Kent Paper

Thanks to an off list e-mailer for the following :

>Kent paper describes a variety of commercially prepared papers made in
Japan by several companies.

>They are thick and similar to Bristol board in appearance and style. They
have a variety of finishes depending on what they >are to be used for. Why
"Kent" I do not know. They have nice cutting and folding properties.

I originally asked because a several books I have on pop-ups and paper
sculpture projects specify "Kent paper". These books are of Japanese origin.

Regards
KK