Re: Closures in my life

I personally prefer something that is very easy to
operate. I've seen some very complicated closures,
knots and such, which although pretty are not really
practical. I like buttons, odd ones, and I love books
whose covers wrap around them or who have yaps. it is
especially nice if the closure can in some way relate
to the contents of the book or be in the same
style--Japanese for side sewn is the obvious one that
comes to mind. the most sturdy attachments are those
which are sewn on or are integrated into the binding
in some way. something put on top often comes off.
I've seen books with boards where something was
actually nailed into it, which seems to work. ties
work really well, and can be pasted to the boards
before covering which gives them extra anchoring. good
luck.

Camellia

--- Keith Berger <TradeBind@AOL.COM> wrote:
> I am looking for information on putting a closure
> onto a book. What kind do
> people prefer? Where is a good source for unusual
> closures? What is the best
> and most sturdy way to attach to book boards? And
> any other information that
> will help me deal with closures would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith Berger
> TradeBind@aol.com

> other related
>             resources and links go to the
> Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

=====
leilx@yahoo.com  leil lucy alexander   Malka, Irbid, Jordan

I walked in a desert.  And I cried: "Ah, God, take me from this place!"
A voice said: "It is no desert."
I cried: "Well, but--The sand, the heat, the vacant horizon."
A voice said: "It is no desert."
        --Stephen Crane, who never came to the desert