Re: ABSOLUTELY NO ATTACHMENTS

Dear Debbie
    I know you asked for flames off-line and hesitate to prolong this
discussion but I  do want to make my appreciation of the list known to
Peter and to everyone else. I have been on the list for about four years
and it has become an important part of my life. This is the first place
I turn with all kinds of questions. Every question I have posed has been
answered. When I was researching traditional Cambodian books for an
article, I got some great leads from the list. When I was looking for
websites for middle school research on medieval times, I got a huge list
from the list. When I was struggling with transferring internet service
providers and trying to aol off my system, it was someone from the list
who solved my problem. When I was in the market for a digital camera,
information and images sent to me privately after my post helped me make
my decision. And that is only the tip of the iceberg. What I learn from
other people's questions and comments is invaluable. And I feel I have
made some real friends through the list.
    I spend lots of time on the computer but it is not easy for me.
Although I have a true bond with my Mac, it can be a difficult friend.
I hate getting attachments. I like my email to come in quickly. If
someone sends me personally a pertinent attachment that's great but I
prefer not to deal with attachments that I may not care about.
   Over the years, I've watched Peter deal with heated discussions and
recently, subscribers' difficulties caused by attachments. I say "Keep
up the good work Peter."

in good spirit
Susan

--