ABSOLUTELY NO ATTACHM ... uh, concatenated messages, okay?

So, everyone has blasted poor ol=B9 _____ for sending an image attachment=
 to the list. =0D
So, everyone has blasted poor ol=B9 _____ for sending an image attachment=
 to the list. =0D
=0D
Didn=B9t I just say that? So, I=B9ll emphasize my point by by quoting it,=
 just so I can=0D
use the nifty Reply button:=0D
=0D
> So, everyone has blasted poor ol=B9 _____ for sending an image attachme=
nt to the=0D
list. =0D
=0D
=0D
Let=B9s see, =0D
=0D
The basic complaint, as I raised and others repeated, was that the image =
file was=0D
large and added to download times, glommed up the miserably antiquated se=
rver and=0D
software, and couldn=B9t be read by many mail readers. =0D
 What did some folks do while they complained to the list about the big, =
constipating=0D
image files? Well, a lot of them just automatically hit the Reply button =
(without=0D
thinking, in the heat of their passion to point out the other guy=B9s fau=
x pas, I=0D
guess). =0D
 But the effect was that they concatenated their replies with the previou=
s messages,=0D
repeating unnecessary dross until the daisy-chained messages grew like ca=
ncer. Look=0D
at this message I got today!=0D
 If you=B9re going to carry on about somebody=B9s fault, at least have th=
e awareness not=0D
to commit the same fault yourself, fercryingoutloud.=0D
=0D
=0D
=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD Quoted intentionally! =AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=
=AD=AD-=0D
=0D
>   From: arizona <arizona@VISIONI.COM>=0D
>   Date:         Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:21:33 -0500=0D
>   Subject:      Re: ABSOLUTELY NO ATTACHMENTS OR COMPLAINTS EITHER I GU=
ESS=0D
>   To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU=0D

=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD End of intentional quote! =AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=AD=
=AD=AD=AD- =0D
=0D
=0D
Michael Brady=0D
16 Pedestal Rock Lane=0D
Durham, NC 27712=0D
Voice  919 471 9554    fax 919 962 2707=0D
jbrady@email.unc.edu   http://www.unc.edu/~jbrady/index.html=0D