What¹s the deal with the font?

Dear folks, =0D
=0D
I just sent an archly clever message to the list about lengthy messages. =
When I=0D
got my message sent back to me from the list, it was filled with this tri=
pe:=0D
=0D
=0D
>   > So, everyone has blasted poor ol=3DB9 _____ for sending an image at=
tachme=3D=0D
>   nt to the=3D0D=0D
>   list. =3D0D=0D
>   =3D0D=0D
>   =3D0D=0D
=0D
Apparently, somewhere between my email program and the listserver, the fo=
nt=0D
character set changed, so that invisible characters, punctuation marks, e=
tc.,=0D
are now shown as codes. When, does that make it hard to read! Man, I hate=
=0D
that!!!=0D
=0D
Sorry to make reading a nonenjoyable experience=AD-especially when it is =
some of=0D
my witty prose. :-)=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
Michael Brady=0D
16 Pedestal Rock Lane=0D
Durham, NC 27712=0D
Voice  919 471 9554    fax 919 962 2707=0D
jbrady@email.unc.edu   http://www.unc.edu/~jbrady/index.html=0D
=0D
=0D