Leather sculpting

I know I'm a bit behind in my email reading but I wonder if anyone can
provide more information about the leather sculpting technique which was
spoken of earlier in June. How thin was the leather? Would you have to pare
it thinner so it would wrinkle up better? Does anyone know of any examples
on the web I might be able to see?

Thanks

Linda.