Re: Letterpress or DTP software?

I think that both systems have merits and drawbacks,  and I assure you this
will be a lively discussion. I just want to say that should you decide to try
DTP using page layout software, you won't have to pay $500 if you buy it
through the educational discount offerings--proof of academic affiliation is
usually required, but the savings are substantial. There are a number of
distributors who offer the discount. I don't advocate pirating, but that is
also another option some choose.  Meanwhile, good luck , and try borrowing
time on a friend's equipment if you can while you're deciding.