appreciation

        Dear Richard,
I just wanted to add a note of appreciation for your wonderfully enriching
posts on the history of book arts. As a neophyte book artist, coming from
years as a painter, it helps me understand this transition as a natural
progression and a search for complexity.
As the century turns, even with all the technology at our disposal, it seems
important to shorten the distance between the artist's hand and what is
made.
I feel my best contribution as a lurker is to be quiet and learn. This list
is a most informative resource!
MaryAnn Miller