How do I mix methyl cellulose?

Exactly what is the method for mixing methyl cellulose powder into a
usuable adhesive? I searched the listserv and found a kind of general
description (10% solution in hot water, add an unspecified quantity of
water later to an unspecified total volume), but if there's someone who
could do straightforward, all-inclusive directions, I'd appreciate it.