Re: Mixing PVA with cornstarch?

Since in this mix PVA is really THE GLUE giving adhesion, the starch
(actually every kind of starch) could be used in order to have the adhesive
a little more workable for the brush.
When PVA dries it should block the starch inside its layers avoiding
deterioration due to high relative hunidity (to give an example).
Anyway adding water (the quantity you need) gives the same effect to slow
PVA drying.

The problem in conservation is not the addition of starch but the use of
PVA itself. It could be acid, it is not absolutely biodeterioration
resistent, and it is almost unremovable.

I hope this is useful

Enrico