Single letter typeholder

Greetings to the List.

Is anyone able to advise the source for a single letter typeholder?

The traditional small (2") typeholder which is currently available, (we
find) is a bit cumbersome in some situations.  So, we would like a
typeholder dedicated to using for single letters or decoration pieces.
We approached P&S Engraving in the UK, who make the 2", 3" and 4" ones,
but they didn't see much of a market for the single piece typeholder.

Manly Banister's Bookbinding as a Handcraft has a detailed design for
making one, and we'll probably go down that track if we cannot find
anyone who presently makes or supplies such a tool.  We have found a
small engraving company here in Sydney who can do the appropriate brass
milling to fine specifications (this being the crucial factor). Such
fine milling with near perfect angles and low tolerances is not every
miller's cup of tea.

As an aside, if anyone is really interested in having one, a number of
them could be made at the same time.  There could be some benefits to
reap by way of economies of scale, especially in relation to the cost of
the brass milling per unit.

Thank you if you can help.

Peter Krantz.

Book Restorations.
34 Clanville Road,
Roseville,
N.S.W.        2069,
Australia.

(P.O. Box 500,  North Sydney,  N.S.W.  2059.)

Telephone:  +61 2 9416.9900
Fax:  +61 2 9416.6800
Email:  bkfndrs@ozemail.com.au

Established:  1976