wanted: techniques for tearing down large sheets of handmade paper

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BFE9F4.A4382C20

Good evening Listers,

28 years ago I took a BFA in printmaking and have essentially been =
tearing down paper the same way ever since, using a metal straightedge , =
paper wrong side up,and tearing with short even tugs. It's fine for =
Rives BFK, but I have seen torn down papers with beautiful edges on both =
right and wrong sides and no unsightly straightedge lines!

Time for this old dog to learn some new tricks. Any suggestions?

Thank you. (I love spell check. It suggests that BFA should be BRA, =
Listers should be liters and BFK should be BAKE.)

Jim Ann Howard

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BFE9F4.A4382C20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#d8d0c8>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good evening Listers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>28 years ago I took a BFA in =
printmaking and have=20
essentially been tearing down paper the same way ever since, using a =
metal=20
straightedge , paper wrong side up,and tearing with short even tugs. =
It's fine=20
for Rives BFK, but I have seen torn down papers with =
beautiful&nbsp;edges on=20
both right and wrong sides and no unsightly straightedge =
lines!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Time for this old dog to learn some new =
tricks. Any=20
suggestions?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you. (I love spell check. It =
suggests that=20
BFA should be BRA, Listers should be liters and BFK should be=20
BAKE.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jim Ann =
Howard</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BFE9F4.A4382C20--