Re: Printer paper feed (was Letterpress or DTP software?)

Laura and Eric both have or had problems feeding other weights of paper
into HP printers because of the 180 degree turn the paper has to make. We
know Laura is talking about the HP 1220C, a color printer, and I am
assuming Eric's was the same type. I am seriously considering buying an
HP2100se monochrome laser printer which is a flat, square model having the
paperfeed tray under the front of the machine. The specs indicate it will
feed envelopes, cards and a variety of widths of paper up to 8 1/2 to 14. I
am assuming there is a manual feed tray or adaption.

I now have a Panasonic KX-P4410 B/W LaserPartner that has a paper exit also
in the back providing a straight path for heavier weight paper, cloth, etc.
It is a wonderful machine but it has only 300 resolution and not enough
memory for the work I do now so I must replace it. Has anyone had any
experience with the HP2100se model and can tell me if I would have the kind
of problems Laura and Eric have had feeding different sizes and weights of
paper?

Betty