Re: Printer paper feed (was Letterpress or DTP software?)

In a message dated 07/10/2000 7:43:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time, storz@MCN.ORG
writes:

> Has anyone had any experience with the HP2100se model and can tell me if I
> would have the kind of problems Laura and Eric have had feeding different
sizes
> and weights of paper?

Hi Betty,

I have this printer and cannot recommend it. Sometimes, it is frustrating--it
chokes on regular copier paper. In order to use art papers, I have to hand
feed it and open the rear door (at the back of the machine), which makes a
more direct exit.

There is another problem: smeared images on art papers. The ink in HP
cartridges resists drying on art paper. Everything has to be sprayed with
matte spray fixative. If you are completing an edition, it quickly becomes
tedious.

I had the old HP IIP laser printer and could put anything through it, but it
finally wore out and it was going to cost more to fix it than to buy a new
one.

Whatever you do, it really pays to try samples of the paper you want to use
at the point of purchase. Many places will allow that.

Good luck!

Mary