Refilling Epson cartridges WAS: Letterpress or DTP software?

cartridge refilling. There are also apparently a couple of workable
continuous ink supply systems (~$100) for at least some Epson models. I
have not used these but there seem to be quite a number of happy users
based on postings to the Epson list.  Injecting cartridges can be done, but
not everyone finds that it works out for them. This list , by the way,
though pretty high volume, is an excellent source of information on some of
the most interesting printers out there.

Alan Hayes

>In a message dated 07/10/2000 3:06:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>turret@MEDIAONE.NET writes:
>
>> Really impressive. Plus, I've learned how to inject my cartridges with
>>  ink from a syringe, so it's not nearly as expensive to use.
>>

>Nancy,
>
>Would you describe this method? What kind of ink do you use? Where do you get
>it? Have you noticed any differences from the stock ink cartridges? Where do
>you insert the syringe? Have you by any chance tested the lightfastness?
>
>The biggest drawback of my Epson Color Stylus is the cost of the cartridges
>and how quickly they empty! Otherwise, the image is great, feeding thickness
>is generous, and it has been a workhorse for a few years, now. About ready to
>retire it.
>
>By the way, does your 1200 accept oversized paper?
>
>Thanks--
>
>Mary

Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design
Pittsfield, Massachusetts