Letterpress or DTP software?

  What a swell list this is. I've really been impressed with the quality of
info available here.
  I used to be a flag waver for HP printers, and have recently seen the
light. Epson printers have better paper feed, image quality, and reliability
for the money you lay out.
  If you are going to do something, the right tools are often essential.
Don't be afraid to spend some money on a quality DTP program. Pagemaker or
similar programs have the features you need and some that you didn't know
you needed. They weren't designed to just write term papers. Pagemaker was
made to design layouts and imitate everything once done in a printshop. Some
of the magic of course is lost in the automation of any technical process.

Justin Miller