Re: women/men in book arts

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord wrote:

> Dear Friends
>
>     I'm responding to Barbara's comments about my rosy view of the book
> arts community

>    One last comment about my exhibit reception stories- One of the
> curators of the exhibit in South Orange was Ed Hutchins. I think
> everyone who knows Ed is inspired by his open spirit. I do think that
> his presence contributed to the atmosphere I described.

... nor should we overlook the exhibition's other curator, the
extraordinary Judy Brodsky, or its overall creator, Karen McDermott, in
an analysis of what made Beyond The Fold what Susan has rightly and
kindly remembered as a magical moment.

(though I wonder, ... could the sublimity of the atmosphere have been
due to the fact that the event occurred in New Jersey, the Enchanted
Garden State?)

Michael

Michael Joseph
Special Collections and University Archives