Re: Single letter typeholder

Bookmakers International has the Garland Typeholder, brass, 1 1/4" opening.
The catalog blurb: "Many bookbinders have fashioned their own small
typeholders, but we couldn't find any for sale. Nancy Southworth, a New
Hampshire binder suggested this light-weight brass typeholder with a 1 1/4
opening useful for spine titling. Oak handle. Custom-made for BookMakers.
     Price $64 in an old catalog; may have gone up.

E-mail: Bookmkrs@aol.com                Phone: 301-927-7787

At 03:23 PM 07/14/2000 +1000, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>A few days ago, we asked the List if they knew any sources for a single
>letter typeholder.  There were no positive replies in this regard, which
>makes us think that it has not been a traditional tool for binders over
>the centuries....

Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org
Mendocino, CA