Re: clamshell vs. drop-spine

In a message dated 7/22/00 4:20:05 PM, hales@BLOOMU.EDU writes:

<< I know what a clamshell is, but can you explain the difference between it
and a drop-spine? How is the latter supposed to be better?

By my definition, a clamshell box and drop-spine box would be
one-in-the-same.
I have just always referred to it as a drop-spine box. I use the word
"clamshell" to describe the box to a client who may be unfamiliar with my
terminology.

I checked some of my reference books (British publications) and most of them
refer to "drop-back box". I still prefer to use "drop-spine".

Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695
814-793-4020