watercolor vs. acrylic marbling?

Dear BookArts listfolk,

I'm gearing myself up to try marbling.  I've done research and gone to a
class.  I'm still not sure about the advantages/disadvantages of using
acrylics vs. using watercolors.

What experiences have you had in this area?

Thanks very much for any assistance.
I appreciate it.

Suzanne Denker
Portland, Oregon