Re: lab spill

In a message dated 7/25/00 5:08:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
knharper@EARTHLINK.NET writes:

<<
 >Well, sometimes they do know. Actually, there is a difference in
 >reliability and longevity among CD-R media.  >>

I agree that there is a difference.  Some of the best are the type that use
silver (TDK) instead of gold. The silver has  a higher reflectivity and I've
had 100% success sending these to others without any problems. TDK has tested
them for an estimated life of greater than 100 years.

I'm guessing that you where not on the list  back when there was a big
one-sided argument about using CD-Rs for archiving material.  There is a
clique of, apparently anti-digital, "experts" who have convinced many that it
is hopeless to use digital technology for archiving purposes.   It is because
of the faulty logic used by these  experts that I make the statement that
they "know not."
regards
Dean Fletcher

Be a Crosman expert! Read "75 Years of Crosman Airguns" a complete history of
Crosman Arms and every airgun model they produced in their first 75 years of
operation. Only $31 plus $4 postage  - Money Orders, Personal Checks,Visa,
MC, Discover accepted.
DT Fletcher
6720 NE Rodney Ave.
Portland, OR 97211