[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Can anyone identify this press???

Hi All,

I havn't looked at the images but the general opinion seems to be that
object is a mangle or clothes wringer.  If so they can easily be
adapted, as
many respondents have suggested for relief printing.   I have a friend
who has
one which works wonderfully for collographs and lino prints.   It has no
bedding plate, you simply placed the traditional sandwich of plate,
paper and
blankets on a strong but flexible base such as heavy card or laminate
which is
slightly smaller than the width of the rollers.   The "base board" with
plate, paper and blanket on it  is fixed between the rollers and held in
at the front edge.   The handle is then turned and the "sandwich" fed
the press.   I imagine is would work equally as well for woodblocks.

Regards,   Colleen Drew
Member Primrose Paperworks Co-operative

> At 08:25 PM 8/19/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >Received the following today. Anyone have a clue. The image can be seen at
> ><http://www.philobiblon.com/whatkindofpress.jpg>.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Peter
> >


            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]