[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Turkey leather

A small question from someone who is not a book binder... at a lecture on
bookbindings recently, the presenter spoke of books bound in "Turkey
leather." She is British, and it made me wonder whether this is a British or
European usage (rather than saying "Turkish leather"). Or is this a standard
term for a particular type of binding material? Any thoughts on this?

(A brief flight of fancy had me thinking of a special kind of

Betty Steckman

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]