[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Can anyone identify this press???


I haven't looked at the images but the general opinion seems to be that
the object is a mangle or clothes wringer.  If so these can easily be
adapted, as  many respondents have suggested, for relief printing.   I have a
who has one which works wonderfully for collographs and lino prints.   It has
fixed bedding plate, you simply placed the traditional sandwich of plate,
paper and blankets on a strong but flexible base such as heavy card or
which is slightly smaller than the width of the rollers.   The "base board"
the plate, paper and blanket on it  is fixed between the rollers and held in
place at the front edge.   The handle is then turned and the "sandwich" fed
through the press.   I imagine it would work equally as well for woodblocks.

Regards,   Colleen Drew
Member Primrose Paperworks Co-operative
(under construction)

"Peter D. Verheyen" wrote:

> Received the following today. Anyone have a clue. The image can be seen at
> <http://www.philobiblon.com/whatkindofpress.jpg>.

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]