[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: What do photographers use to sign their photographs ?

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Uri Kolodni wrote:

> I was asked by one of my clients, a photographer, what to use for
> signing on his photographs. Any kind of archival/preservation wise pen ?
It depends on the kind of print and whether you are signing on the front
or back of it.  I sign my work on the back and use a pencil for
fiber-based (paper) prints.  Ilfochrome (Cibachrome) prints are signed
with ball-point pen as I assume that the plastic base is suitable
protection.  For other work I usually print out a label on archival paper
and sign on the label.  Then you can glue the label to the back of the
print using your favorite glue.

Ray *

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]