[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

"Ocean paper"

Dear friends,

In Sweden you can get a very strong, water-repellent wrapping paper on
rolls that is called "ocean paper" (literal translation). It seems to be
a sandwich of three layers: two layers of waxed and/or oiled brown kraft
paper and between these layers a thin layer of bitumen or asphalt. It is
often used as wrapping paper of machinery parts in crates etc.

Does this ring a bell? I was wondering if anyone knows of any
international sources and also what it is called in English.

Mats Broberg
Hauptvägen 102
SE-123 58 Farsta
Phone & fax: +46 8 604 59 81

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]