Re: Virus - jioquni.gif.vbs

--=====================_3179114==_.ALT

Peter

As it was referenced in the Subject line, may we assume the name of the
virus is "jioquni.gif.vbs?"

At 10:43 AM 10/25/00 -0400, you wrote:
>To everyone.
>
>Yesterday afternoon a virus was sent to the list which seems to have
>affected some, and not others. Have no idea why someone deliberately sent
>this to the list, but the offender is being dealt with.
>
>Like sex, it's important we practice safe computing. Please keep your virus
>definitions for your anti-virus software uptodate, and if you don't have
>any, get it. It's a dangerous world out there, just like in real life, and
>while listservers filter out some of the cooties, not everything gets
>caught in the net.
>
>Vendors of anti-virus software are Norton/Symantec, Dr. Solomon, FProt...
>Some are expensive, others free. Use one, and you'll be safer.
>
>Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
>Peter Verheyen
>Listowner - Book_Arts-L
>

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Philobiblon: Book Arts, Different By Design
>Hand Binding, Conservation, and Project Websites
>Peter D. Verheyen
><mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
><http://www.philobiblon.com/philobiblon>
><Fax: 612.632.3718>

--=====================_3179114==_.ALT

As it was referenced in the Subject line, may we assume the name of the
virus is &quot;jioquni.gif.vbs?&quot;<br>
At 10:43 AM 10/25/00 -0400, you wrote:<br>
Yesterday afternoon a virus was sent to the list which seems to
have<br>
affected some, and not others. Have no idea why someone deliberately
sent<br>
this to the list, but the offender is being dealt with.<br>
Like sex, it's important we practice safe computing. Please keep your
virus<br>
definitions for your anti-virus software uptodate, and if you don't
have<br>
any, get it. It's a dangerous world out there, just like in real life,
and<br>
while listservers filter out some of the cooties, not everything
gets<br>
caught in the net.<br>
Vendors of anti-virus software are Norton/Symantec, Dr. Solomon,
FProt...<br>
Some are expensive, others free. Use one, and you'll be safer.<br>
Sorry for the inconvenience.<br>
Peter Verheyen<br>
Listowner - Book_Arts-L<br>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br>
Philobiblon: Book Arts, Different By Design<br>
Hand Binding, Conservation, and Project Websites<br>
Peter D. Verheyen<br>
&lt;<a href="mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com" eudora="autourl">mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com</a>&gt;<br>
&lt;<a href="http://www.philobiblon.com/philobiblon" eudora="autourl">http://www.philobiblon.com/philobiblon</a>&gt;<br>
&lt;Fax: 612.632.3718&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
and other related<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;