Jacques Board Shear Manual or Information?

In a message dated 11/1/00 1:21:18 AM, LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU writes:

<< >On Mon, 30 Oct 2000  "John J. Cooney" <cooneyform@IQUEST.NET> wrote:
>        Does anyone have a vintage 'owner's manual' for an iron-topped
>Jacques board shear?  The manual I have is a recent one obtained from the L.
>Hardy Company of Worcester, MA which presently manufactures the Jacques.
    I called L. Hardy to ask about obtaining a vintage manual and
>learned that their archive goes back but a few years.  Does anyone have a
>vintage Jacques 'owner's manual' from c. 1900?

Eric Alstrom also wrote:
I too would be interested in seeing such a manual if one does exist, so please
share your findings with us.

__________________
----------------------------

I also would be very interested in seeing whatever information is available.
Isn't it amazing that the archives of an existing company can be thrown away?
I recently heard some similar "Horror" stories. Obvoiusly, only a few of us
are interested and concerned about old information. Fortunately, some
companies now maintain an Archive. Maybe other companies will soon realize
the importance of some of their early records.

I might add (advertise?) that a video has been made about adjusting the
Jacques Board Shear. At the beginning of the video, I mention that this was a
first attempt at providing some information. I also said that if anyone had
any further information to please contact Richard Baker, Daniel Kelm or me.
If anyone is interested in the video, please let me know. I'll get the
information out to you as soon as the video is available.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695
814-793-4020