Micrometer

Dear All,

A local expert calligrapher and book arts aficionado (but not a subscriber)
recently called our library see if we could recommend the best hand-held
micrometer for her
uses in calligraphy and binding.

She asked us to post the following:

"Can you recommend a good, or even the best, hand held micrometer for use in
bookbinding. We are considering the Starrett unit sold by TALAS, and the
French model sold by BookMakers. Are there others? What are the relative
merits of each? Thank you"
Thanks!!

If you have suggestions please contact her directly at:  awoods@gcfn

Thank you