Re: Micrometers

------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C0458B.5FC52460

Actually, a micrometer does come in handing when using handmade papers, =
or any papers for that matter. I use one all the time to measure =
thickness
before letterpress printing to prepare the cylinder packing of my
Vandercook.

Very on topic.

It's a small thing (literally!) and many book artists may not consider =
its importance or even know about their use but to those that do the =
actual printing, they come in very handy. I know several letterpress =
printers/book artists and in each person's 'print shop', there is a =
micrometer - either hand-held (good) or table top version (better).

Unless you tell people who may just be starting out, they may not know =
about the handy uses of the things found in Sears' hardware department - =
which is where I purchased my micrometer.

Marie-Celeste Edwards
DHP Papermill & Press
www.dhproductions.net
info@dhproductions.net

------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C0458B.5FC52460

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Actually, a micrometer does come in handing when using handmade =
papers, or=20
any papers for that matter. I use one all the time to measure=20
thickness<BR>before letterpress printing to prepare the cylinder packing =
of=20
my<BR>Vandercook.<BR><BR>Very on topic.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It's a small thing (literally!) and many book artists may not =
consider its=20
importance or even know about their use but to those that do the actual=20
printing, they come in very handy. I know several letterpress =
printers/book=20
artists and in each person's 'print shop', there is a micrometer - =
either=20
hand-held (good) or table top version (better).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Unless you tell people who may just be starting out, they may not =
know=20
about the handy uses of the things found in Sears' hardware department - =
which=20
is where I purchased my micrometer.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Marie-Celeste Edwards</DIV>
<DIV>DHP Papermill &amp; Press</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://www.dhproductions.net">www.dhproductions.net</A></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:info@dhproductions.net">info@dhproductions.net</A></FONT><=
/DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C0458B.5FC52460--