Fwd: Punchcutting Documentary

With permission from the original sender, I thought I'd pass along this
info which came up on the typo-l list, which I thought would certainly be
of interest to some of us here. Please contact the original sender
(off-list, as he isn't here) for more info...

>Date:         Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:11:06 -0500
>From: Gahlord Dewald <gahlord@WEEDSMEDIA.COM>
>Subject:      [TYPO-L] Punchcutting Documentary
>To: TYPO-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
>
>Sorry for cross posts:
>
>So the golgonooza flick is finally done. Me and shannon (the producer) are
>trying to decide exactly what to do with it now. We're considering making some
>duplications and selling them to typophiles, people into crafts, book-arts
>folks
>etc.
>
>In the name of some market research, please answer the following and
>forward to
>gahlord@weedsmedia.com
>
>This email originated 11/16/2000. We hope to make a final decision by
>12/10/2000.
>###
>All questions in regard to a documentary 27 minutes in length, shot on
>mini-DV,
>formatted to NTSC VHS (though if European demand warrants we are willing
>to make
>PAL or perhaps do a small run of PAL), in English. Subject is Golgonooza
>Letter
>Foundry and Fine Press in New Hampshire, USA. Dan Carr (a judge's fave at TDC
>2k, a lecturer at ATYPI 2k, punchcutter, printer, poet) and Julia Ferrari
>(bookbinding, printmaking) discuss their work and their approach to work. This
>is not a how-to film, but one which gives insight into the minds and
>workings of
>these two book makers. No talking heads. Directed by Shannon Robards and
>Gahlord
>Dewald, original score by Gahlord Dewald (different and much improved
>score than
>ATYPI 1999).
>
>1. Would you be willing to purchase a video of this nature? If yes please note
>NTSC or PAL format preference.
>
>2. If yes, how much would you be willing to pay?
>
>3. How many people not on the type-design@p90.net or TYPO-L lists do you
>know of
>that may want to buy such a video? Any that would want to watch it, but
>not buy
>it (perhaps a limited screening)?
>
>4. In your opinion, what is the best method to reach people who may be
>interested in purchasing such a video?
>
>5. What sort of information would you want to see on a web site promoting this
>documentary?
>
>6. Comments, suggestions, ideas?
>
>###
>
>Please feel free to forward this email or post it judiciously to any list
>where
>it will not be perceived as spam.
>
>Thanks much,
>

>Gahlord Dewald
>Weeds Media Consortium
>Hoops of Fire. Dancing Bears.
>Interactive Designers.
>http://www.weedsmedia.com
>
>v: 802.658.4267 x 1
>f: 800.863.9606
>e: gahlord@weedsmedia.com

> [...]

For, lo! his passion, but an art of craft -- William Shakespeare

Psymon's Magical Arts... and Which Crafts?...
-> http://www.psymon.com
Your Fortunes Told, and Foretold...
-> http://www.psymon.com/tarot/