Re: Request For Info - Books of the Middle Ages

Nikki
        I have a book called A History of Illuminated Manuscripts by
Christopher de Hamel, published by Phaidon Press in 1994. There are
chapters on Books for Missionaries, Books for Emperors, Books for Monks,
Books for Students, Books for Aristocrats, Books for Everybody, Books
for Priests, Books for Collectors. I haven't read the whole thing and
I'm no medieval scholar but it seems good to me. I'm interested in the
topic and hope people will share their responses with the list.

in good spirit
Susan

--
Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord