Apprenticeships in Italy

Sorry to be gouging everyone for information, but I should be in Rome
beginning in January, and was wondering if anyone knows of any
opportunities in the internship/apprenticeship vein for someone with a
(rather) basic background in conservation and binding to learn leather
work. Also, for the summer, if there are any apprenticeships,
specifically in Rome, or anywhere in Italy or even elsewhere in Europe
that still function on the "live in master's house, marry master's
daughter" approach?

Thanks a bunch.

P.S.: I wouldn't *neccesarily* need to marry the bookbinder's daughter.

Cory