Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 19 Nov 2000 to 20 Nov 2000 (#2000-316)

Dear Alice - I was reasonably sure it was a joke, just checking. Though I had
no idea the problem was quite as bad as you have learned, nevertheless, I was
sure there was a problem. Makes me feel a little less guilty about not doing
the marketing work I should be. I don't think, actually, there is a lot of
difference between how book artists are treated and how artists generally are
treated. My family still expects me to give them any of my art they find
currently goes with their decor, and my friends (at least a few of them)
expect substantial discounts (50% minimum) on anything they fancy. In my next
life I plan to be an election lawyer! Barbara Harman