Re: E-mail worm alert

----------
>From: "Maria K. Blumberg" <mblumberg@HUNTINGTON.ORG>
>To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
>Subject: E-mail worm alert
>Date: Mon, Nov 27, 2000, 2:46 PM
>

> If  you get an e-mail with  US PRESIDENT AND  FBI SECRETS =3DPLEASE VISIST
> please delete it immediately. It is a computer  worm sent into the
> Huntington Library's system. PLEASE  DELETE IT IMMEDATELY
>
> Even with all our computer security something like this can happen!
>
> I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.  It was sent with =
an
> attachment from someone I trusted anD who has sent me attachments before
> with no trouble.  This is the first time anything like this has happened =
> me.  I am very sorry.
>
> Thank you
>
> Maria

> Article Title:=A0=A0=A0 Love virus variant plagues email systems

Source:=A0=A0=A0 CNET
URL:=A0=A0=A0 http://news.cnet.com/news//0-1005-200-3248692.html
Date:=A0=A0=A0 20 Oct 2000
Editor's Summary:
The =B3I Love You=B9=B9 virus has not gone away. Five months after its first
outbreak, it is still churning out destructive mutants. The latest is a
month-old variation with the header =B3US PRESIDENTS AND FBI SECRETS.=B9=B9 Virus
hunters said it warrants concern but not panic.