Typing a manuscript

I realize this question is sort of off-topic, but I do seem to recall
some Book-Arts members who have published books.  My question: is there
a "standard" style that a publishing company desires in a manuscript?
E.G.  font, font size, page size, margins, etc.   How do you provide the
manuscript to the publisher/editor?   Thanks for any suggestions.
TL Herbert, herbertL@musc.edu