Thymol crystals

I wonder if someone could tell me whether thymol crystals would eliminate
the mildew smell from a book, if placed in a tightly covered container
with the book. I've gone the cat litter and baking soda route with only
partial success. Have also left the book outdoors on sunny, dry days for
a few hours while the breeze turned the pages. I've looked through my
small library and cannot find the answer.

Lavinia Adler