No Subject

Hello,

Two things from one who normally does not contribute, but who benefits greatly from lurking here: first, I saw a summer program announcement from Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design (in Vancouver, Canada) offering the first summer institute of book arts in July. I have not been able to find more information on the ECIAD website (www.eciad.bc.ca).

Second: I will be travelling in Guatemala, Panama and Costa Rica this summer.  Does anybody know of any interesting book-making-related or craft-related (or even do-not-miss or must-miss) people/places/things in these countries? I have been doing a lot of general research, but some absolutely brilliant things do not sound so great in guide-books and websites. And, of course, the converse is also true; some nasty things are described as being utterly stupendous.

Thanks,

Vanessa