Re: Spine-backing question (correction)

   I think lawn must have gone the way of batiste cotton for ladies
undies, Betty. You might find it in a good fabric store but these days
such places cater to quilters more than to clothers.  Sacraficing your
stash of embroidered linen hankies strikes me as a bit extreme.  I have
been able to find natural Polish linen, and Ulster linen sells a thin
natural linen, but less pricey than airplane linen,  as well.  For less
valueable books crush or pieces of an old all cotton sheet would work
just as well, wouldn't they?
  Dorothy Africa