Re: The World in Book_Arts-L...

According to Peter's breakdown, there are 25 subscribers from Australia.
Can any of you (or, of course, anyone reading this) recommend book-related
educational institutions, binderies, guilds/associations, centers, etc. of
note (anywhere in Aus) for someone who will be relocating within a year?
We're not sure yet where, so any information could be very useful. I've
tried Cecilia's travel guide page, but most of the information there seems
related to calligraphy. I'm especially interested in actual communities of
bookmakers, or somewhere where ongoing education/workshops/etc. are taking
place.

Thank you,
J. Turner

p.s. also a random question to the List: Can anyone tell me what "Shoji"
is? I've just ordered Toshio Odate's book on Japanese Woodworking Tools,
and saw that he has recently come out with a book on "Making Shoji."