Re: The World in Book_Arts-L...

J. Turner asked,
p.s. also a random question to the List: Can anyone tell me what "Shoji"
is? I've just ordered Toshio Odate's book on Japanese Woodworking Tools,
and saw that he has recently come out with a book on "Making Shoji."

"Shoji" are the wood and paper screens, often sliding in tracks, used as
room dividers in traditional Japanese houses.

Kate O'Halloran