Employment Opportunities at Women's Studion Workshop, Rosendale, NY

Dear friend of WSW
Women's Studio Workshop has the following employment opportunities. If
you would like more information about WSW you can call our office at
845-658-9133, send an email to WSW@ulster.net, or visit our web site at
http://www.wsworkshop.org.

Membership/Development Coordinator
This job is based in membership and includes the development of an
individual donor base, preparing membership solicitations and
maintaining membership roles. In addition, this position includes
assisting the Development Director with grant writing. This is a part
time, three day a week position. Salary is $17,000 and includes
benefits. Qualified candidates must have excellent writing skills and be
attentive to detail. Please send a letter of interest, resume,
references and writing samples to WSW, PO Box 489, Rosendale, NY  12472.
This position is available immediately, and application materials must
be received by May 15.

Community Relations Director
This job involves management of  all aspects of visual arts
not-for-profit publicity, including publishing our semi-annual
newsletter, and requires excellent writing and verbal communication
skills. Candidates must be proficient in Corel Word Perfect, PageMaker,
and PhotoShop (Mac and PC), and be internet savvy. Photography
experience is a plus, web design skills are helpful but we are willing
to train the right person. This is a part time, three day a week
position. Salary is $17,000 plus benefits. To apply, please send a
letter of interest, resume, references and writing samples to WSW, PO
Box 489, Rosendale, NY  12472. This position will be open August 1.
Please send application materials by June 1.

ARTFARM / AmeriCorps position
AmeriCorps, a federal program that pays young people to volunteer in
their communities, has supported a position at WSW for the past year and
a half. Our position is in the paper studio and is a part of the
Mid-Hudson Environmental Action Team. While most of the time the
volunteer works at WSW, periodically team activities allow the volunteer
to work with their peers on special projects across the region. The WSW
AmeriCorps volunteer is directly involved in the paper studio, learning
to make paper and teaching young artists about hand papermaking,
planting, harvesting and processing fibers grown at our plot on Phillies
Bridge Farm, assisting artists, and keeping the studio in good working
order. This fall we are also hoping to focus the program on working
exclusively with the indigenous fibers we have been growing for the past
few years. WSW is anticipating a new year long position, available
beginning September 1, 2001.   Interested young people, under the age of
25, should contact WSW by mail: PO Box 489, Rosendale, NY  12472, by
phone: (845)658-9133, or email: wsw@ulster.net.

--
Women's Studio Workshop
Visit our site at http://www.wsworkshop.org