something beautiful

I wanted to share this photo of a Russian sacred book with the list:

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/empire/images/p87-5255.jpg

I first heard about these incredible photos on Metafilter the other day, and
the collection online is found at:

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/empire/

This is the first time that images this old have ever been seen in color,
and the process is described. I haven't fully grasped how they did it, but I
can't stop thinking about these photos.

Well worth a visit.

Nancy Birnes