Re: Tyvek

hi..
     David French reminded me of an old post I sent to the list a long time
ago about tyvek.  He says the links are still good so I copied it here for
you.  The page url is
http://sul-server-2.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/bookarts/1999/02/msg0008

0.html

here's the text:
<<Hi all..I remember some years ago taking a workshop and the teacher (gee..
I think it was James Brockman) mentioned that he used Tyvek to rehinge old
books.  He cut strips to fit between the tapes/cords.The only issue was that
it could not be the one sold to the building industry because that was meant
to be impermeable to moisture.  We found 2 suitable thicknesses and got it in
rolls.  The one used for rebacking was very thin, #1025D, the thicker one was
used for making enclosures for papers etc. # 1079..To refresh my memory I
called DuPont just now (1-800-44 tyvek,  448-9835)and she said that Tyvek is
definitely archival/acid-free,  and that you could get the above types in
sheets or rolls. You might also ask them for samples.For sheets call Matthias
Paper at 800-334-6791,  for rolls call Dunsiris (I think that is what it was!
 ) at 800-236-1098.I did ask if anyone was producing it in colors.  I had
gotten some from a company that is no longer in business and it was
wonderful.  Great for cases and boxes.  She mentioned that Fibermark Inc is
making colored Tyvek for flags etc,  their number is 215-804-1263.No
affiliation yada yada,  just like the product.  Hope this helps.. >>

Susan