the virus' name

I believe that the name of the virus is w32.magistra.int

It seem to be a very nasty virus. It took me quite a while last night to get
rid of it. It attaches itself to emails and then eats away at .exe files
randomly. It also will find your email list and send emails with the
infection to your address book. It will spread fairly rapidly within your
own system. Norton has an extensive write up on there web site with virus
definitions. Infected files that can't be repaired by Norton have to be
deleted and reinstalled.

I hope this finds you well.

Trish